So we completed our half marathon! My 2nd one! Great things about this race: (1)The crowds were awesome! There were ALWAYS people along the course cheering you on and making you feel good. I wish I had worn a big sign with "ANDREA" on it, though, 'cause it seemed that every knew the "LORI" that was running by me. (2)We got a great overview of the city, although I will admit, when I'm running a race, I miss a lot of the scenery. It seemed like a pretty nice, well kept city. (3) The music: There were a few music stations along the way playing some upbeat music. It wasn't nearly as often as I was expecting, but it was still good. (4)The company. I got to run with 3 of my good friends! We rode up together and stayed the night, and a good friend met us at the race in the morning.
I started out too fast, but was eventually able to slow it down to a more reasonable pace and finished in 1 hour 53 min. 55 sec., 4 minutes better than the other half I ran. I was very happy with the results! Thanks to my good friends who ran with me and supported me. I couldn't have done it without you! And thanks to Kenneth for watching the kids for a full 24 hours while I was gone!


http://www.runphotos.com/packages.cfm?file_name=50B/3349-2537-50B_9210.JPG
1 comment:
Congrats--great job you guys!!!
Post a Comment