Monday, July 19, 2010
What a sweet little guy!
So I have to say, I'm so proud of my little boy. Recently he has been extra obedient and helpful and often asks what he can do to help. Today after Family Home Evening, we were talking about being like Jesus, since we had just sung the song "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus." Joseph said, "I really want to try to be like Jesus all the time." And then he said, "I'm feeling the Spirit right now. I feel all warm inside." I told him that I feel the Spirit when I talk about Jesus and when I'm trying to be like Him. He said, "I always want to feel the Spirit." We talked about getting baptized and getting the Gift of the Holy Ghost. He said, "I really want to get baptized! I like feeling the Spirit. Will you help me try to be like Jesus more tomorrow?" Of course I was excited. It was so cool to me though, to see him with such a strong desire to do good and feel the Spirit. I think I am catching a little glimpse of what an amazing little spirit he is and what a great responsibility I have to teach him. I love it! One of those sweet moments I just had to share.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





2 comments:
oh, makes me want to cry, cutie boy. don't you love mommy moments like those? what a doll.
What an awesome story! As a parent, you just dream of those type of conversations. That is so sweet.
Post a Comment