Sunday, October 3, 2010

I have a child in Kindergarten!

The long awaited day finally arrived! Joseph started kindergarten! The school we attend only offers full-day kindergarten, so he is getting the full experience of adjusting to school. He was definitely ready, though and very excited. He was a little nervous, as the pictures show. The first thing he said to me after getting off the bus was, "Mom, you gave me too much food for lunch!" Then he said, "There were three recesses, but I only got to go to two, because I was finishing all the food you put in my lunch!" Somehow, he thought he had to eat every bite of his lunch before he could go play. He was quite distraught about the whole thing, but I thought it was so cute. I must say, he has done very well adjusting, a few grumpy afternoons here and there, but mostly, he has been quite a trooper. I'm so proud of my kindergartener!



Just before going out to the bus.

Waiting in line for the bus to come.

Arriving home after his first long day at school.

4 comments:

BensonFam said...

Ah the kindergarten bus... that was the biggest wake up for me that Olivia was GROWING UP. So strange.... Glad he did well and good to hear from you guys. Coming to Utah for any of the holidays?

Lhone said...

I'm glad he has adjusted well. My daughter came home and cried every day for a week when she started all day. Hope he loves school.

Stapletons said...

Yay! I'm so glad he adjusted well. I know he was really nervous about nursery and preschool at first.
So glad it is going well!

Maryscanary said...

Kenneth and Andrea -
I found a link to your blog after visiting the BHS99 site online. It looks like you're doing so well. And what cute kids. I have three myself - 6, 4, and 2. Are you still in Michigan or are you still enjoying the cold weather up there :) I have a couple of good friends that recently moved to Colorado (where I live) from Michigan. Perhaps the world is so small that you would know each other. Anyhow, hope all is well. --Mary (Young) Dyer