Sunday, November 25, 2007
Potty Training
If I had one way of describing much of our home activities in the last two months I would say "potty training". It has really been quite a struggle. Joseph has earned two cars (Lightning McQueen and Ramon", is now on his fifth (and I hope final) potty chart, and is finally wearing underwear all day long. I made a road going all the way up the fridge and he got to move the car up and down based on his going to the potty. It took one week to complete the whole road and he got Lightning McQueen, which you can see he was very excited about. A visit from grandparents later, we were back to square one and started a new potty chart. At the end he earned Ramon. Since then we've been doing potty charts for candy. If he fills up a row with stickers he gets a candy. Anyway, if you have any spot on advice for potty training, I'm very open, but I really feel like he's almost there. Maybe I'll be a pro at this when it's Elizabeth's turn.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
I'm about to enter into Potty training territory I think, and I'm scared! I love your road and car idea, you are seriously so creative! I would never think of that. If you have any tips for me, let me know!
I havent ever potty trained a boy, and I really think that every kid is different. But I think that you are doing great, it's all about the rewards. And Megan even now will have accidents when things change, like when we moved and when people come to visit. You sound like you are there, just be prepared when you go out for those every once in awhile accidents and need a change of clothes. We have had to take Megan home naked on the bottom since we would forget to bring extra clothes. Good Luck!
I will have to come to you for help and advice when I potty train Kylie. I am scared to death to train her. I will have to let you know when I start. Keep going it sounds like you have him trained! Way to go!! Make sure you give yourself a reward as well, you deserve it.
Potty training is such a challenge for your first child. Times when you are potty-training, you asked yourself, if you are potty-training yourself.
It hard to try to remember every house to ask the child is he's ready to go. There's are days where you just want to stick with diaper "forever".
Once the potty-training thing is all set in stone, you will look back and said, wah!! underwear is so much easier.
Anyway, how's the potty-training going with Joseph. My advise is, if you don't have sucess after few weeks, give it a break for about 3-4 weeks and try again. Sometime, you can see the different in that few weeks how much you child have grown and understand the concept better. Good luck.
Two years from now, Elizabeth will be ready coz' of an older sibling.
Every child is different, so be patient.
With both my older kids, I don't use pull-ups. I think they know that pull-ups is the same as diaper. Instead, I put underwear on them to let them feel the wetness and the discomfort. Try that if you already have not.
Ahhhh!!! Potty training was the one thing that totally rocked my world as a mom. The one thing I was so nervous and stressed about. We survived though. Good luck - it sounds like you are doing great!
yeah...
YOU are never a pro at Potty-training. Each kid is different. THat is what makes it so fun!
Post a Comment