Friday, August 15, 2008

Mmmm.... berries!

One of my favorite things about Michigan is there are lots of places to pick berries. Early summer is Strawberries, then comes the blueberries, and finally, the raspberries. This year we went strawberry picking with some girls in the ward. Once Elizabeth figured out she could eat the berries, there was no stopping her! At the end of July we went blueberry picking with Kenneth's parents. Both Joseph and Elizabeth really filled their bellies! The best thing was that I made freezer jam with both berries and now I'm stocked for the winter! I am still planning on doing some raspberries too, which is actually my favorite. Oh, and by the way, if you need any recipes on how to use blueberries we have several. Mmmm... my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Strawberry picking:



Blueberry picking:


4 comments:

Lhone said...

we had the same stroller! My just broke so I had to replace the umbrella stroller. It was so cute!

Jessica said...

I have always been jealous of Alexis being able to go and pick berries and now I get to be jealous of you! LOL I LOVE the picture of Kenneth and Elizabeth they both look great! She gets cuter and cuter! When are we going to see you?!?!

Lhone said...

Hey, I tagged you on my blog. If you have time, read it and do the same on your blog.

Smileyhappychan said...

So I see that Lisa tagged you, and I did too. We're saving you time!