Okay, so maybe I've been a primary teacher for a tad bit too long, or at least a mother for too long. Joseph and I of course had to sing the song after we saw the blossoms and then Joseph had several questions about why there is popcorn on the tree, and when could he eat it? I decided that this called for some hands on experience, so I got out our popcorn popper (yes, they still sell them) and we popped popcorn, then used pink colored jello (it had to match the blossoms) to make our popcorn balls.
We had such a fun time making them that I decided I would like to start doing this as a new tradition every spring when the blossoms come out. I really want to start some of our own family traditions (we haven't been great at doing many up to this point), and this started me thinking about it, so please, if you have ANY good ideas for fun family traditions, please share! Thanks!





4 comments:
What a great idea! Do you mind if I copy it?
Way cute Annie! What a fun mommy you are! We have a fall tradition of driving up the canyon and seeing all the leaves, and stopping to take pictures of our family with the leaves each fall. Nothing too involved or difficult, but I look forward to it every single year.
What a fun idea! You are so cute! I may have to start some new traditions myself. It's always fun to think of some family ones that just you and your family do. I love the picture of the tree.
What a great mom! I want to steal that tradition too! Spring in Morgantown is so beautiful and seems to be lasting such a long time compared to Utah. That would be so fun to do!
Post a Comment