Friday, May 2, 2008

I can spell!




Joseph has been learning his letters for quite some time now and has known all of the sounds the letters make (thanks to LeapFrog's "The Letter Factory") since he was 2, but he has finally started putting letters together to make words. He can now officially spell his name JOSEPH without any help and can also spell the word CAT. He recognizes a few more words and has read a few words without help, and his current favorite thing to do is to "play magnets". Basically, he gets out all his letter fridge magnets and asks, "Mom, how do you spell.....?" Then I sound it out for him while he spells it. He was frustrated when he didn't have enough magnets to spell REFRIGERATOR! He also likes to make words using the game UPWORDS, which is a lot like Scrabble. Sometimes I am just amazed at how quickly children pick things up and how exciting it is to learn.

2 comments:

Angie said...

Yay! That is really exciting. How fun for you to see how much he is growing

Jessica said...

I bet you are one proud mama! That is amazing!