Saturday, May 31, 2008

Merkley Happenings

A lot has happened since my last post.... Let's see, since my last post the weather has been warm, cold, then warm again; I started training for a half-marathon (yeah!); we had our in-laws come out for a visit; Elizabeth finally learned how to say "mama" on purpose (she's been saying "dada" for weeks); Joseph learned how to make his bed; I got a new calling; Elizabeth decided to be done with baby food and is almost entirely self-feeding; we planted new flowers in our garden, and we put our stimulus check to good use and bought new clothes for the entire family; and Elizabeth started learning many new tricks like standing on the bathroom stool, climbing stairs, saying "night night", "no, no" and "Jo Jo", and standing alone (for a second or two). It's been a busy couple of weeks! I will be posting some of the highlights from our visit with Kenneth's parents.

3 comments:

Smileyhappychan said...

I'm so jealous! Nia still hasn't said mama!!!!!

Lhone said...

what's your new calling?

Jessica said...

WOW you've been busy! I love hearing about Elizabeth's new developments because I feel like I can look forward to these things with James. He says mama but not dada poor Steve. He just started to pull himself up on furniture so that's been fun. When are you coming to visit again? I miss our walks and talks.